Women's Abdominal Massage Therapy North East
WAM uses traditional healing techniques to address conditions involving reproductive organs, the digestive system and emotional health.
Muscles and ligaments that are over-contracted can cause pain and pull bones and organs out of place. Mizan Therapy is a gentle, external massage that strengthens supporting muscles and ligaments and aids internal organs to regain their correct positions for optimum health and well-being, bringing healing to women on both physical and emotional levels.
WAM Therapy can help with the following issues:
- Painful menstrual cycles
- Heavy or scant periods
- Irregular menstrual cycles and ovulation
- Displaced or prolapsed uterus and/or bladder
- Bladder or yeast infections
- Digestive issues
- Peri-menopause, menopause symptoms
- Fertility issues
- Ovarian cysts
- Uterine fibroids
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Pregnancy and postnatal health
- Emotional and sexual trauma
Benefits of WAM Therapy:
- WAM increases the circulation to reproductive organs, i.e the uterus, the ovaries and the fallopian tubes, which helps to promote hormonal balance.
- It helps to reposition a misaligned uterus, which itself helps to increase circulation of blood, lymph, nervous system and QI.
- Cleanses the body of any toxic build up from congested circulatory systems.
- Helps to break down scar tissue
- Aids the digestive system to be more efficient which then removes and prevents toxic build up in the body and enhances the immune system.
- Helps women to connect with their wombspace.
What can I expect from a WAM treatment?
A WAM massage, focuses on releasing tension in the abdomen, pelvis and lower back, enabling the body to return to its natural state of balance. Because our needs are all different, I offer different packages: WAM, Pregnancy WAM and Post-natal WAM.
WAM treatments are for women who are looking for a nourishing massage that addresses imbalance in their menstruation or other issues pertaining to their reproductive health. We look at what symptoms you are experiencing, any past or present health issues, your diet and lifestyle. Together, we will then create, for you, a bespoke self care routine, I share with you the self massage technique along with other tools, such as castor oil packing and vaginal steaming, to support you on your own healing journey. Treatments last around 2 hours with a 90 minute massage. This option costs £70
Pregnancy WAM is a wonderful massage treatment, supporting you to deeply connect with your changing body and growing baby. Pregnancy can really takes its toll on our bodies and many women will experience unpleasant symptoms such as morning sickness, pelvic girdle pain, shortness of breath, constipation, haemorrhoids and varicose veins. WAM can bring relief to all these, as well as increasing circulation and blood flow to the womb, toning the muscle ready for labour, and to the placenta, carrying essential nutrients to your growing baby. The extra blood flow in the pelvis strengthens the ligaments and muscles supporting the womb, bringing her into alignment and optimising foetal positioning. A deeply relaxing and beneficial 90 minute massage plus self massage tuition costs £105 or £270 for 3 sessions.
Post-natal WAM is one of those essential treatments for all new mothers. A deeply nourishing, mini spa massage package that relaxes and restores. It includes a choice of a sauna or herbal vaginal steam, followed by a 90 minute in-depth WAM massage and completed with a sacred wrapping ceremony. Guaranteed to make you feel whole again! This treatment is available anytime after birth (or 6 weeks after in the case of a c-section birth), lasts around 4 hours and costs £170.
What my clients say
Book Your Treatment
If you have any questions about the different packages available and which one would suit you best, please do call up for a chat on 07866806058
Or use the contact form to make a booking